Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Multiple Mesh STL File

Hi,

I am new to this software. 

I have tried importing and using the derive option to import these buildings that has been extracted from a different software. The import was okay however I am unable to use the transform function to scale it to larger size (currently its smaller than 0.86mm). Could you please advise what other options to fix this?

I have attached the link below for your view.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/f061393c56ee41a5e667b509/w/d852285b22f6fba442fdcc92/e/bddc118cbc1d504571821f08

Thank you in advance.

Best Answers

Answers

• jansen_lye756jansen_lye756 Member Posts: 3 PRO
    Thank you, John and Niel for the help.

Another quick question, currently I would like to extrude a foot print below the buildings, is it possible to add and merge additional part into the imported mesh? (shown in the link below). If not, what is the best way to do this? 

My thought is to create surface point below the building surface but I believe this will take some times...I think. I look forward to hearing from you.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/f061393c56ee41a5e667b509/w/d852285b22f6fba442fdcc92/e/bddc118cbc1d504571821f08
  • mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mesh objects aren't "real" models. They aren't solid or surface models that can be directly modified. You can move/scale them, but you can't really add or subtract anything from a mesh using standard OS modeling features. You can create an extruded solid or surface just for aesthetics, but it wouldn't be part of the mesh or vice versa.