Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Speed, is it just me or it's slow today?

jacques_spillmannjacques_spillmann OS Professional Posts: 49 PRO
edited January 2018 in Community Support
Has anyone experienced slower than usual refresh speeds today? it takes forever to display a mate connector when hovering a surface for example or even to generate the preview of a simple extrusion or sheet metal flange... the animated blue loading circle at the bottom of the screen is there for like a minute or more.
I have tried to refresh, restart browser and even rebooting my computer, seems to help a bit at first but ultimately goes back to being slow.
Tagged:

Answers

• jacques_spillmannjacques_spillmann OS Professional Posts: 49 PRO
    I found out it has something to do with the document I'm working on. If I load another document and try to assemble parts together, Onshape responds as normal. Now what can make that specific document slow, I have no idea.
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Hi jacques_spillmann,

Can you send in a support ticket through the product and share the document with support?
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
    Ok, will do, I have a suspicion it might be related to the RealityRender tab, I deleted it and created a new one and things seem to be back to normal. but don't know for sure it is that.
    Hi jacques_spillmann,

Can you send in a support ticket through the product and share the document with support?
    Just shared the document, it seems it's back to running slow now, I just updated the part tab and the assembly seem to take forever to update from the changes I made in the part tab. What's strange is that the assembly seem to be updated but I can't slide parts as I had setup yet and if I go back to the part tab I see the blue loading circle again. after a while it finally updates and I can use the assembly, but several minutes of refresh time for an assembly does not seem normal to me (and it's not a very complex assembly).