Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Company wide labels

tyler_popetyler_pope Member, Developers Posts: 21 PRO
Is it possible to add labels to documents for the whole company? We would like to label them as "To Quote", "Active Quote", etc. and have them searchable by all.

Best Answer

Answers

• Tony_C_Tony_C_ Member Posts: 272 PRO
    Huge +1

Add me to this request list....

Would be great to have!
  • nick_daviesnick_davies Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    +1 here too.  Labels should follow the document IMHO.
  • florianflorian Member, OS Professional Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    nick_davies said: 
    Labels should follow the document IMHO.
    Maybe not for public docs. But I really like the company wide idea.

+1
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I think Labels should be shared together with document if document is owned by company.
    Actually documents should be autoshared among company if company is the owner.
    //rami
  • Primary_MfgPrimary_Mfg Member Posts: 1 PRO
    I agree with @3dcad 100%. A private document owned by a company should have the ability to share labels (and make it optional for those who don't want to and larger organizations).

Big +1 on this idea from me!
  • jaschaaajaschaaa Member Posts: 21 PRO
    3dcad said:
    I think Labels should be shared together with document if document is owned by company.
    Actually documents should be autoshared among company if company is the owner.
    Yes, please! We would greatly appreciate such functionality. We now struggle in keeping our files organized and findable. 
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    What do you guys think if there was 'company-folder' and everything inside that would get same share rights?
    //rami
  • tyler_popetyler_pope Member, Developers Posts: 21 PRO
    We would use the API to update the tag of a file when it was converted to a job so that the shop could only see the active parts. Right now they can see every part no matter what the status is.
  • Cad_user01Cad_user01 Member Posts: 1 PRO
    +1 on label for the whole company!
  • paul_bunnellpaul_bunnell Member Posts: 25 EDU
    +1.  I am a teacher who uses OnShape in my classroom. When students turn in their assignments I have to add multiple labels to each one to keep them organized.  It would be great if students could add labels that show up on my end.
  • CBowersCBowers Member Posts: 50 PRO
    please
  • BLeeVNBLeeVN Member Posts: 18 PRO
    Any update on this?  After many years of using Onshape now I am starting to see the difficulties in using Folders.  For example a Document is used in multiple Products can not be shown in Folders.  Having Company Labels would allow Tagging the Document with a Label for each Project it is used in helping Users visually search.
  • penko_slivov395penko_slivov395 Member Posts: 3
    Any progress? My company really needs those.
  • Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
    @BLeeVN we use just one Document for one project with subfolders in it. works the best for us if we need to build in some standard parts

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • adrian_vlzkzadrian_vlzkz Member Posts: 258 PRO
    Still in dire need of this!
    Adrian V. | Onshape Ambassador
    CAD Engineering Manager
  • James_ClarkJames_Clark Member Posts: 2
    Carn onshape, we needs this update 
  • wes_freed017wes_freed017 Member Posts: 2 PRO
    yes, please.  I want to use labels to help non-cad users find drawings quickly, but it doesn't look like this is an option.