Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Part Renaming - can the format be changed?

daniel_cookdaniel_cook Member Posts: 48 PRO
With the attached document, I'd like the part numbers to be more like:

"Flange-30-5-150" instead of the full "Flange-0.03 meter-0.005 meter-0.15meter".

I know nothing about Featurescript and not sure where to start looking. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Can this be changed in Featurescript or do I need to change my in document variables?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/9eba848c5290df456b40da6a/w/8d358666fe0c0c0025a6dddf/e/1e8bff6e3efa88f6bb38da01

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Options
    konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    In the renaming feature you can see variables of length type inserted into fields Segment1/2/3, to make those values unitless try to insert those variables divided by unit: Segment1 -> #Flange_Width/mm, Segment2 -> #Flange_Thickness/mm and so on

Answers

• Options
    konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    In the renaming feature you can see variables of length type inserted into fields Segment1/2/3, to make those values unitless try to insert those variables divided by unit: Segment1 -> #Flange_Width/mm, Segment2 -> #Flange_Thickness/mm and so on
  • Options
    daniel_cookdaniel_cook Member Posts: 48 PRO
    Brilliant!

Thanks worked like a charm.