Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How To Roll Sheet Metal with Perforated Pattern?

AuroraRonAuroraRon Member Posts: 120 PRO
Anyone know how to do a pattern on sheet metal that is not a flange, its a roll or some other form?

I understand how to do a pattern on a solid and extrude it but, how about doing the same on sheet metal?
The extrusion needs to done on the flat surface not on a sold.

Here is an example

Best Answers

• AuroraRonAuroraRon Member Posts: 120 PRO
    Answer ✓
    I see your example, thank you. That will do it.
    Do these features scripts have any documentation / instructions ?

Answers

• konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you make hexagonal pattern on the flat sketch, then you just need to map it on the cylinder surface using Sketch Wrapper FS with "Split face" option and then delete those faces with "leave open" option and then convert the surface to sheet metal part.

Answer ✓
    I see your example, thank you. That will do it.
    Do these features scripts have any documentation / instructions ?

Okay now that was just too easy! 
    Thank you. @KatieHuffman

I forgot sketching on a flat option was added not long go. Now recall and found that 
    Cody Armstrong did a blog on it July 17th 2018 here if anyone else wants to see it.