Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Alternative to sweep-solid?

laird_broadfieldlaird_broadfield Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
I've made a demo model of my issue; picture below, link at the bottom..  My challenge is getting the blue cuboid to be liftable out of the gray block.  If I could part sweep, I'd just sweep remove it straight up.  If I could project the surfaces up to Plane 2, I could extrude-remove down to the part -- but I can't project the surfaces of the blue -- just the vertexes and edges, which doesn't get the outer extents.  Alternatives?  Thanks.

(At one point I tried linear replicate step 0.1 count many many -- but that does odd things and eventually crashes the engine.)

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/6df999b835a7475f5e010206/w/7f866f72f51b6a495efe1629/e/f31e2e11ee3f2c84a10b19a5

--Laird
Tagged:

Comments