Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Twirly time end chime

bill_danielsbill_daniels Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
My old eyes need frequent rest periods.  I would welcome an option for a pleasant chime which would sound when a twirly (spinner) interval ended.  Whenever a spinner appeared, I could close my eyes while waiting for the chime to sound.

Comments

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
     :D  or seriously?
    //rami
  • bill_danielsbill_daniels Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    Well, somewhat seriously.  One tends to stare at the screen waiting for the spinner to end which is terrible for dry eyes.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    So dimmed screen while spinning? I'm not very much into beeps since it can be quite disturbing in office and don't wan't to put off sounds while I like some music or radio..

But I would like to leave the window and see indication in windows toolbar when it's ready..
    //rami
  • bill_danielsbill_daniels Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, a busy office would be an issue.  I work in near-silence so an option for a chime would work.
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @bill_daniels

No idea is a bad idea, please submit an improvement request from the improvement requests section of the forum.  Don't worry @3dcad accessibility settings like this would most likely be off by default and controlled by a user setting.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team