Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

'Bulk Update' to a version

iain_downsiain_downs Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
I have around 20 part studios in my document, all of which are driven by properties in a FeatureScript object in the document.  Then there are half a dozen or so assemblies and a couple of drawings.

When I make a change in the Feature Script (to correct an error or to feed some parameters to a new Part), I have to create a new version and then go into each tab and update the version.  This is a pain.

Is there any way of saying 'update all parts in this document'?

Iain

Comments

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Not yet, but I know they are working on something that may be even better.
  • iain_downsiain_downs Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Even better is always good!

In the meantime I will keep my mouse finger healthy.

Iain
  • michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    I find it's quicker to open the tab manager and double click the tab to enter it, then double click the blue update icon next to the tab name. That way you don't have to right click and select update from the drop down menu for every tab.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I would like to have 'push update' so that when you know you wan't the new version (let it be FS or other doc) to be used everywhere it would need only a single click. And thinking forward selective push update would cover wider user base.

If I recall correctly there has been discussion about this earlier - I suppose when linked docs came in, couldn't quickly find the link here though..
    //rami
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @iain_downs
    You should be able to run the latest change to the FeatureScript if it is in the same document.
    To update your features to main, right-click on the feature, then select "Update all...", select "Selective update", then select the version tree icon, then select "Main". You should then select "Update selected" at the bottom of the dialogue box.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100