Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Solved recurrent error on loft: "current selection would create a self intersecting body" SOLVED

Lyle_WalshLyle_Walsh Member Posts: 46
edited November 2018 in General
I keep getting this error and last time I solved it by generating the end shapes over and over and it finally worked, any ideas what I am doing wrong?  The shape has no errors, it is completely selectable so no holes.  wracking my brain here.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/856ebdce6c4cedced2e02bde/w/2ff1b4330205e9e8369a0db2/e/75afb35640c3e13ea487578c

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    You can see from the image that the purple path preview is showing self intersection at the bottom of the hook. You will have to make your profile smaller or your guide curve less tight. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Lyle_WalshLyle_Walsh Member Posts: 46
    yup thanks

• Lyle_WalshLyle_Walsh Member Posts: 46
    edited November 2018
    sigh can't figure out how to mark answered, the did this answer your question question isnt there

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @Lyle_Walsh

I think you posted this as a Discussion, not a Question.  Only Questions have answers.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team