Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Adding flange to split....

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/9f0aee2ba7847fcb7688469c/w/a7bc6591ebd87f19d071b392/e/9e4c7be1b4dc111a42ffb3cf

Take a look at Flange5. I get an error about trying to put a flange on a split. My cheeks were originally drawing as 1 piece but would not fit on a 5x10 sheet. So I thought I'd split the cheeks for a better nest. I can't just butt the two cheeks halves together and weld without warping badly. So I'd like a 1" flange there the two cheek halves come together for a standing seem weld and also benefit from extra strength provided by the bends.

What's the best way to go about this and still have the heel and throat remain one piece.

Best Answer

Answers