Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

New Featurescript: PP Surface Text 2.0

2»

Comments

• dave_cowdendave_cowden Member, Developers Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    @kevin_o_toole_1
    @stuart_rampy
    @here

I've created a new version of Surface Text ( v2.1.5 ) that includes ability to use expressions. Thanks @kevin_o_toole_1
    for the pointers on the syntax, that definitely saved time!

The test case in the new version is pictured below ( it uses Kevin's suggested expression)

Document Link:  https://cad.onshape.com/documents/cfec40e2b66bb4ddb2f3414b
  • dave_cowdendave_cowden Member, Developers Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    konstantin_shiriazdanov after a long time, (and another reminder from the community), i finally implemented your suggested edits to this feature. Sorry it too so long!
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member Posts: 1,554 EDU
    ilya_baran said:
    One thing I'd like at some point is for the user of a feature to be able to replace a parameter like a boolean, string, or enum (or even the suppression state) with an expression.
    I would really like this.
    Should I create an Improvement Request?
    MB - I make FeatureScripts: view FS (My FS's have "Official" beside them)
  • phillip_saboltaphillip_sabolta Member Posts: 1
    Hi @dave_cowden I just stumbled across this handy tool. It has made my life so much easier. Thank you. 
    However, it doesn't recognise Japanese font.. which Onshape does, under Noto Sans Japanese.

Is there an easy way to add it to the list under fontface library?