Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape, CAD, maker project and design.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
New Featurescript: PP Surface Text 2.0
We are pleased to announce that version 2.0 of our Surface Text creator Featurescript is now available.Add the feature to your toolbar by searching for "PP Surface Text", or open this document:
- Improved performance, especially on planar surfaces
- Much more robust. If the text does not fit on the surface, it will be truncated, rather than creating a render error (thanks @owen_sparks )
- New alignment modes allow selecting text to be aligned with baseline, or with the full extent of text
- It is now easy to use the edges of a face as the align curve
- Custom tracking allows tweaking spacing between letters (thanks @SledDriver )
- Custom Kerning allows fine-tuning the spacing between each pair of letters
- Text is projected onto the selected surface, so that base curves can be located on another plane if desired
- Text letters can now be filleted
As always, this feature is a BETA, free for personal and commercial use. We only ask that you report both good and bad experiences so we can improve the product. Make sure to open the example folder for lots of good examples of the feature in action! More information is available here:
This feature and our others are available on the Parametric Parts store, at http://store.parametricparts.com/products.html