Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Drag and drop?!

mahmoud_2mahmoud_2 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
Hey,
I'm trying to drag and drop points, then I think OnS is confused with me trying to window select! It sometimes work but most of the time is just initiates window select.
Is there a keyboard short-cut I should press while dragging?

Best Answer

Answers

• colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    To drag a point, simply click, hold and drag...release to drop point.  
    Make sure nothing else is selected by pressing the escape key once before dragging.

• mahmoud_2mahmoud_2 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Ok here is what I'm doing, try and let me know if it works for you because I start to think this is a bug.

In a new sketch I use points from another old sketch by using the USE command. Then I delete the projected relationship for those points to make them free. Then I try to move the point, it simply initiates window selection and doesn't move them! If you place the points yourself on the sketch moving them is fine, but if you project them first it doesn't work!
    Try it, if it doesn't work for you then it's a bug
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    I tried it and when I delete the projection relationship I'm able to move by drag and drop.
    It works sometimes and sometimes no! I've no idea why... Check this gif I made

At first it works perfectly with 5 points selected, then I deselect and then select three points and it doesn't then it suddenly does!
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited May 2015
    @Mahmoud
    Click show constraints from sketch dialog, something is keeping the point not to move as you wish..

I have suggested to highlight the constraint which is keeping points in place when trying to move in certain direction
    //rami
    @3dcad ,
    There are no constraints... the one was the projected relation which I deleted. 
    You can see in the gif, it starts moving suddenly without me changing any constraints whatsoever
    Onshape support is just amazing.. keep the state of service like this and rule the world
    //rami
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @3dcad    Realistically, I think the level of response we've seen to date will become unsustainable once OnS reaches launch -- but I think you hit the nail on the head in another thread: If the user community can progressively take over the heavy lifting, particularly once we're more familiar with the product and once it stops evolving so fast, the OnS development team can (hopefully) remain focussed on converging towards the best mass-market MCAD the world has ever seen.
    @Andrew_Troup I agree that the level of responce might get lower when couple of thousand (?) users goes to what 100x or more (don't have a clue how many users Ons could have).. But it is true that forum with different level 'Mentors' can do most of basic questions and some of advanced. We'll see..
    //rami