Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Problem with tangent mate

Dmitry_GolovkinDmitry_Golovkin Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
Hello dear community,
In folowing design it does not animate correctly.
For some reason the pin going only by half of the ring.
Any advice wold be appriciated.
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/49687b05001ac414fda4f774/w/93dd33c533a805ec3e93e60b/e/c9d4c909bfe4c023123940b9

Best Answer

Answers

• Dmitry_GolovkinDmitry_Golovkin Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Thank you Andy,
    Will be wating for the solution.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    I presume that pin is spring-loaded? Onshape cannot simulate a spring force so I believe that there will always be multiple solutions and therefore not solvable.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Dmitry_GolovkinDmitry_Golovkin Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    NeilCooke said:
    I presume that pin is spring-loaded? Onshape cannot simulate a spring force so I believe that there will always be multiple solutions and therefore not solvable.

It's not gonna be spring loaded. Actually it must be wheel instead of pin. Two shafts are not parallel so I made a slider mate to pin be able to stick to sliding surface otherwise in higest or lowedt position the pin could be too long or too short.