Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is this possible?

I found this image on the net.  I only know it was a moch-up from a design student.  I would like to bring this into reality.  I’m a photographer by trade, but a motorcycle enthusiast at heart.

is it possible to create a model using a photograph?  I have a good friend who owns a metal fabrication business with CNC tube/pipe benders and a CNC burn table.

Best Answers

Answers

• todd_sharkeytodd_sharkey Member Posts: 7
    Thank you Owen!  I get the sinking feeling that this might be over my head.
    Thank you Mr. Rice, I appreciate your suggestion.
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    If you have many photographs, you can use photogrammetry software to turn that into a mesh, which you can then use as reference in Onshape
    https://all3dp.com/1/best-photogrammetry-software/
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
    Thank you Mr. Bartlett.  I was only able to locate the photo posted, but I’ll keep your suggestion for future reference.