Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Rolling back to a older version.

wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 478 PRO
Is it not possible to roll back to an older version of a linked document? I had an assembly with linked documents that I wanted to do some drawings, part way through the design so I created versions in all of them. Later after making a lot more changes and without thinking I went through and updated everything to the latest version. There were a few links that I wished I won't have, but I could not find any way to roll back to the old version. I realize that I can go back and branch those documents and create another version but that is a bit of a pain. I also am beginning to understand the power of display states, something I had not used much up to this point but would have probably done what I needed, so maybe there is no need to do what I was trying to do. I probably am not using the best of design practices on this project either but it is a bit of a unique one. Just wondering.    

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 478 PRO
    Thanks, I thought I was overlooking something.