Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Retrieving a sketch pattern instance.

Henk_de_VlaamHenk_de_Vlaam Member, Developers Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
In a big sketch I accidentally removed an important instance of a linear sketch pattern.
How can I retrieve that instance?
Henk de Vlaam (NL)
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    you can ctrl+z or use the undo button,
    otherwise check your version history and recover it from there
  • Options
    Henk_de_VlaamHenk_de_Vlaam Member, Developers Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    [....]

Set your sketch pattern instance count 1 less than your missing instance, then set it back to your finial instance count.

[...]
    @joh@john_mcclary,

Thank you for your quick answer.

Earlier I tried to decrease the number of instances (7) by one and two. That dit not work.
    A few minutes ago decreased it to 4 and set it back to 7. That worked. Don't ask me why but the problem is solved. 
    Henk de Vlaam (NL)
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    It needed to be one fewer than the missing instance in order to re-create it.
    It only sees once instance at a time when increment/decrement, increment will always create one instance at the end, decrement will always delete an instance from the end (if exists).

So by going one less that the missing one you guarantee it will add the missing instance back in.