Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I enter coordinates?

lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
This discussion was created from comments split from: Have a question? Ask the community.
Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.

Best Answer

Answers

• paul_breedpaul_breed Member Posts: 16
    How do I enter coordinates?   IE I have a flange with holes at specific locations and I want to make a mating part.   how do I do this woithout laboriously dimensioning each hole from the origin..  IE draw a circle at 1,1  1,2    3.5,4     etc....

• colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    @paul_breed  Are you familiar with how onshape allows multiple parts to be created in the same part studio?
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Coleman : Partly to assist with seeing where Paul's coming from, I suspect this question should be considered in parallel with the concurrent and related question "DIMENSIONS WHILE SKETCHING" 
  • colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    @Andrew_Troup:  Yes  :)
  • mahmoud_2mahmoud_2 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    I do kinematic synthesis nowadays, and it is extremely critical to be able to do that. I asked and I know it's not available for now along with 3D sketching. 
    A workaround I use is to plot your point and use dimension tool to set the coordinates from the origin point in both X and Y direction. It works pretty well. It takes time that's all 

I'm passionately waiting for 3D sketching btw
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    lougallo Another nice tip, I wasn't aware of all that the use command was for. I see a lot of ironcad type functionality developing here. Nice!