Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Beams 2.0 error

Dmitry_GolovkinDmitry_Golovkin Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited June 2019 in FeatureScript
Hi Guys,

Recently I started to experience problems with Beams FeatureScript. When I try to pull the manipulator arrow to reposition the beam it started to report error. Probably it started after the latest update FS but I'm not sure. FeatureScript notice does not report anything. It does not depend on profile. Can't find way to workaround. I use Official V8 version.
Document URL is https://cad.onshape.com/documents/b4cbf1e8ad2a900ecfcec7c4/w/440ac939c042138bc444207d/e/1ac794b7d7d543e6138441a3

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Best Answers

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    I can't reproduce the error - I don't think the Beams feature is at fault. Can you try Beams Official V5 and see if you still get the error? Otherwise, please contact support (via Help > Report a Bug) and share your Document.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Dmitry_GolovkinDmitry_Golovkin Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    It happens not with all the beams. Some work fine some not. V5 works fine where V8 does not work. I believe  the problem is in the script.
  • KrzKrz Member, Developers Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem as @dmitry_golovkin .
    Beam 2.0 works perfect in new Documents.
    Beam script up to v6.0 works ok in old documents (old I mean pre-V7.0 script).
    So I had to downgrade beam script back to v6.0 in my old documents.
    Thank you Neil,
    I have contacted to support as you advised.
    Official V9 version of the Beams feature is now available. Please update any V8 features to V9 (old V5 features can be kept as-is) and let me know if you run into any more trouble.

@Dmitry_Golovkin I have tested it in your Doc and it works (I also tested it in another user's Doc which was displaying the same behaviour).
    edited June 2019
    Hi Neil,

Everything is working fine after update to V9.

Sorry that's not all ). In one my document everything become ok but in other one the problem still exists.
    It didn't marked outdated scripts. I updated everything manually. The first I updated script in toolbar after that every instance one by one. It didnt show blue chain. In one document it worked in another one  it didn't.

• KrzKrz Member, Developers Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    Thank you @NeilCooke ,
     I updated beam features to V9 and all work fine now.
    Ok, i've find out what was the problem.
    For some reason each beam picked up custom profile sketch older version than "main". After I manually linked the latest sketch to each beam everything started work properly.
    I'm really confused. Sometimes it works fine sometimes buggy. Can't find any correlation.
    @Dmitry_Golovkin so V9 is not working?
    NeilCooke said:
    @Dmitry_Golovkin so V9 is not working?
    It's not working randomly. Sometimes it's working when I open document sometimes it's not. If it's not working its about all the beams regardless if it custom profile or standard one.
    @Dmitry_Golovkin I’ve had another look at your doc and can confirm it’s not working as it should. There is more going on here than meets the eye and I need to get a developer to look at it. In the meantime please use V5 of beams. My sincere apologies for all the hassle, hopefully we can get this resolved soon. 
    NeilCooke said:
    @Dmitry_Golovkin I’ve had another look at your doc and can confirm it’s not working as it should. There is more going on here than meets the eye and I need to get a developer to look at it. In the meantime please use V5 of beams. My sincere apologies for all the hassle, hopefully we can get this resolved soon. 
    Could it be caused by Russian version of Windows? I tried to play with system locale and other regional settings but nothing helped.
    Could it be caused by Russian version of Windows? I tried to play with system locale and other regional settings but nothing helped.
    No, not at all.
    Thanks Ilya, everything's working fine for both the documents.