Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can I change the default material library?

A few weeks ago, Onshape started defaulting to a Material Library other than the built in Onshape Material Library for all my documents. I'm curious if there's a way to change back to the Onshape Material Library as my default library anywhere-- I've been looking in the account section and can't seem to find an option other than deleting the other libraries, which isn't really desirable as I still use them for specific projects. I'm also curious why it's defaulting this way for me-- I didn't change anything intentionally, and I can't recall anything in the updates about this behavior.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Answers

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    I'm not sure, it used to default to the Onshape default. Although at the time I was wishing it wouldn't.
    but this may have been added in a recent update.

Honestly I've abandoned the builtin materials a while ago in favor of a featurescript that also adds weight to the part properties that I can just window select. So I'm not sure how long this has been this way :/