Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Drawing View Labels for standard views?

David_BoneDavid_Bone Member Posts: 47 ✭✭✭
I read an old update that stated "Optional view label and/or view scale label notes for all views".
But I don't see the View Label option for standard views (only the Scale Label option).  The View Label option is available for other derived views (section, detail, etc.).

Am I missing something?
I rely on this for many views especially when the views are very symmetrical.
Tagged:

Answers

• bobminerbobminer Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 50
    Hi David,

Thanks for your question.

Detail views and section views have a view label and you may add a prefix and suffix to the view label.  But other types of views do not currently have a view label.

As a workaround for now, you could create a note under the view.  The note may contain your view label text.

Thanks -Bob
    Bob Miner - Software Engineer / Dev Leader - Drawings - Onshape, Inc.

• David_BoneDavid_Bone Member Posts: 47 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Bob, That is what I have done, but you have to move the notes if/when you move the view.
    I assume there is no option yet for linking a note (without an arrow to a view feature) to a view?
    -David
  • andrew_kleinertandrew_kleinert Member Posts: 47 PRO
    +1 for being able to add view label for standard views (non-section / non-detail)
  • arjan_bokarjan_bok Member Posts: 13 PRO
    +1 view labels for standard views is a must have ;)
  • david_gaitsdavid_gaits Member Posts: 1
    +1 view labels. Would be awesome.
  • shaun_scottshaun_scott Member Posts: 2 EDU
    +1 view labels for standard views and add the option to the sheet properties to turn on labels for all views.
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    I have created an Improvement request for this:
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/13931/view-labels-in-drawings/p1

Please vote up to let Onshape know that we need this feature.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100