Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Custom Debug Color Option

Jaydeep_SarkarJaydeep_Sarkar Member, HON-TS Posts: 15 PRO

Hello Everyone,

Just curious about the possibility of having a color coded debug option in Featurescript ?

For example the user can actually set the type of color of different entities in the feature script (i.e. : Green -lines and blue-points).

Currently I can see that all the debug output are in a single color, which is great for smaller parts but in case where we have hundreds and thousands of features, it will be really helpful to have a color coded debug option.This will in real time allow us to differentiate between different features under debugging for very big specification/feature tree structure.

Since we anyway have a colored debug output, it will be really nice if the debug options takes the argument of the custom color and apply the same instead of the current one.

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,395
    I agree - can you please create an improvement request in the category on the right --->
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    That would be nice, sometimes I leave the debug mode on permanently, having all the bodies highlighted in the model while editing makes it easy to find the parts that I missed. Especially when the feature only modifies part properties like mass and stocksize, and there is no change to the 3D part to be recognized.

It would be nice to see these in Green rather than Red, to know it is an intended highlight, rather than a part error when the body's shape was not recognized by the query.