Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Easy way to replace drawing template in hundreds of drawings?

fnxffnxf Member, User Group Leader Posts: 134 PRO
Does anyone know an easy way to replace the drawing template in a lot (more than 100, less than 500) of drawings?
Right now it's a manual process and looks like this:

Or maybe there's a way to do this in Feature Script? Any ideas?

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    I'm afraid not. Not even sure you can do it with the API (though somebody with more knowledge may know). FeatureScript is only for part features. You could save yourself a click by going to "Recently opened" but that's about it.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • fnxf_scewofnxf_scewo Member Posts: 12 PRO
    Thank you, Neil, for your answer. I got a reply from @Jason_S as well, maybe Onshape will expose this part of the API in the future. For the moment, I'll do it by hand...   :'(
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    I'll do it by hand...   :'(
    Cough, "Intern", cough.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • fnxf_scewofnxf_scewo Member Posts: 12 PRO
    Cough, "Intern", cough.
     :D 
  • sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 398 PRO
    @NeilCooke
    I would also like to update all my drawings with the new template. Is this possible with an API script? 

It would also be nice to have a blue update icon in case the drawing doesn't use the latest version of the template.
  • sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 398 PRO
    Cough, "Intern", cough.
    @owen_sparks
    I have 500 drawings to update and a new intern position just got available, are you interested? :wink:
  • Ben_Tek_PacBen_Tek_Pac Member Posts: 49 PRO
    Is there an Improvement request for this? I also have hundreds of drawings to update and more in the future after Onshape has brought out new features like being able to get Mass property and put it on the drawing. :smile: