Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

I would like to edit the properties in the part assembly and drawing environments.

Laurence_BLaurence_B Member Posts: 3 PRO
I want to change the properties titles and also add some more properties in the part, assembly and drawing environment.
Is this possible and has anyone done this before?

Best Answer

Answers

• raj_Onshaperaj_Onshape Onshape Employees Posts: 106
    From assembly environment you can already do this via BOM 
  • Laurence_BLaurence_B Member Posts: 3 PRO
    I am new to Onshape. Can you point me in the direction to be able to edit the properties for part, assembly and drawing please?
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited December 2019
    @Laurence_B
    Welcome.

There are many places to add the properties.
    You can edit All properties in the document with "Workspace Properties"  located here:

Pay attention to which properties are for which object by reading the designation I highlighted here.
    Part Studio is the tab which the Part lives. Make sure you edit part directly as I am showing here:

You can edit many parts at the same time by ctrl or shift selecting all the parts you want to edit at once.
    All unsaved edits are highlighted in yellow.
    Confirm change with apply or save

If you don't want to see ALL of the parts, you can open a part studio, and select only the parts you want (either single or multiple select)

You can edit the properties of any Tab by right clicking it and selecting properties

You can edit the properties of parts in an assembly quickly by opening the BOM fly out, and adding the properties you want, then edit them spreadsheet style.