Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Having trouble getting hole() function to work

neil_claytonneil_clayton Member Posts: 13
Im trying to hole out an extrusion, but am failing to find the right args to pass into hole(), and the docs are .... light.

I've verified that the locations are sane (copied the original reduceLocations() and debugged the passed vertices).
Unsure why the op is failing with a CANNOT_RESOLVE_ENTITIES when doing a cylinderCastBiDirectional.

For scope I've passed all the extruded bodies (just the SOLIDs).
Unsure if that's the right thing to do.

In the doc below, see 'Test Split Line'. Code wise; it's all happening at line 384.  All the commented out stuff is me playing with different args.

Any tips on what I'm doing wrong here?

(btw: I'm doing it this way because I want to add countersunk later as an option, and figured it'd make more sense to reuse existing functionality).

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/dcf02003435a89dca3622a1e/w/8aad2c924a55dd12490d257b/e/c3c5a723df24e3a40def5d05

Comments

• Options
    neil_claytonneil_clayton Member Posts: 13
    Hm. I think it might have been working all along, and I was staring at an error message produced by another part in the FT.  Annnnd, sketch was rotated so that I couldn't see the hole. Hahahaha.  Turns out trying to do this at 1am wasn't the best idea after all!

Works!