Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Calculator inside Onshape

bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
It would be nice to have a calculator feature inside the design work space of Onshape.

Bryan Lagrange
Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

Tagged:

Comments

• Piotr_Smektała_VBPiotr_Smektała_VB Member Posts: 26 ✭✭

@bryan_lagrange, Are you thinking about OS internal feature?
    Now, you may have a calculator open in background and use keyboard to switch between OS and Calc.
    I think, something like a keyboard shortcut to open external (configurable) app could do the trick faster.
    Is it somehow important that it should be evoked by mouse?
  • bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just looking for something within the software so there is no back and forth. 
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    I'd rather just type the equation in the dimension and have it give the result. Like SW does so well...
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @bryan_lagrange
    With the windows calculater there is an 'always on top' mode that is activated by the popout button to the right of 'Standard'
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    Would it solve the problem to have a shortcut key (like CTRL+Enter) that replaces an expression with the result of evaluating it in feature parameters and dimensions?  Implementing a calculator inside Onhsape is a bit out-of-scope.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    I would accept ctrl+enter
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Would it solve the problem to have a shortcut key (like CTRL+Enter) that replaces an expression with the result of evaluating it in feature parameters and dimensions?  Implementing a calculator inside Onhsape is a bit out-of-scope.
    Like that idea :+1:
    Owen S.

Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd