Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to change the size of circle diameter

In tutorial  video 2 there is a menu item to change the dimension.
in new version there is no such an option.
How to change the sizes of the fugures?

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Is the sketch active? If the sketch geometry is grey (inactive) then double-click the sketch from the feature list (not from the screen) or right-click the sketch on the screen and click edit.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • rustam_mizovrustam_mizov Member Posts: 7
    where to click to change the diameter. this is a mobile app
    That makes a big difference...   with the sketch selected (like you have in the image) tap on the screen with 2 fingers and select edit.
    NeilCooke said:
    That makes a big difference...   with the sketch selected (like you have in the image) tap on the screen with 2 fingers and select edit.

It does not solve issie since I could NOT find the "Dimension " menu item. If you coukd at the screen attached in the previous version it was a specual menu item. Now it has gone.
    You have the latest version of the app? Can you post a screenshot of what you are (not) seeing?
    NeilCooke said:
    You have the latest version of the app? Can you post a screenshot of what you are (not) seeing?

NeilCooke said:

It does not solve issie since I could NOT find the "Dimension " menu item. this video is what I am seeing.
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/7r4w/mjANAH1bQ
    That menu of icons is scrollable - the dimension icon is below the slot icon
  • jack_hooverjack_hoover Member Posts: 2
    Could not find a way to give any values for circle.  I followed those instructions but apparently I dont have "edit" option.
  • neil_brennanneil_brennan Member Posts: 5
    Basic editing in Onshape is incredibly frustrating and seems to work in different erratic ways depending entirely on developer whim. I tried setting a dimension on my circle (as suggested above) only to get an error message saying you can't set a dimension on the point in a circle. Then I had to "escape" the dimension to do anything else. I tried double-clicking in as many different parts of the circle as possible, none of which worked. Then I tried single-clicks and occasionally something useful looked like it flashed on screen. I can only imagine the number of miserable people who just try this and give up.