Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Forum Answers

andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in Using Onshape
I think it sometimes interferes with comprehension (and is certainly inconvenient), the way answers get moved out of chronological sequence. 

Here's what I would prefer: a Link (or links) at the top of the thread to the answers, possibly with the first line or two of the answer, and "Click here" to go to the complete answer, in its correct timeslot in the body of the thread.

These links could identify the best answers, in cases where there are any.

At present, the whole structure seems predicated on there being a single question in the OP, which every post will address, whereas many great conversations move in new directions.
Tagged:

Comments

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    Totalty agree, Its a bit confusing to follow along when replies get re-orientated.

andrew_troup Thanks for bring this up.
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    +1, though I'd rather see drawings first ;)
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    +1, for drawings First
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    +1, though I'd rather see drawings first ;)
    They are worked on by separate areas.  While we have highly talented developers who are flexible enough to work in many areas, there is still some specificity to our company.  
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    As @jakeramsley has said, we have a number of teams and the community and support improvements are done by our group, not the same group as drawings.  I will look into the order change on Accepted answers.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    @lougallo & @jakeramsley - that was just a good natured jab.  You guys might be happier when drawings are released than we are :)
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @michael3424 that is probably true. 
    This should be fixed.  Notice "Best Answer" and also that it exists in the cronological order as well..  https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/993/merge-available#latest
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant!

Thanks v much, Lou. This will definitely make discussions easier to follow.