Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Merge available?

adam_76adam_76 Member Posts: 3
I'm trying to branch and merge simple shapes. I don't even see a Merge button in my Versions view. From the documentation, it should be right there next to the Save Version button, but I don't see it. Has this feature been removed? Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Merge is located under the gear menu of a version/workspace that isn't part of the same tree.

We will update the documentation around this.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • adam_76adam_76 Member Posts: 3
    This just doesn't appear for me. Please see attached image.
  • adam_76adam_76 Member Posts: 3
    Got it. Sorry for my confusion! Thanks for your help.
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @adam_76 quite alright. That is why we are here!
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • svenolov_nystromsvenolov_nystrom OS Professional Posts: 63 PRO
    I made a mistake and pulled the main into branch . reverse in history doesn't make any difference I am lost?
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    I made a mistake and pulled the main into branch . reverse in history doesn't make any difference I am lost?
    There should be a history entry on the branch that had main pulled into it that says something like 'Merge from Main'.  If you select the entry just before it and chose 'Restore', the merge effectively isn't applied.  If there is an issue with this, please use the '?' option in your document and open a ticket with support.

1.png 295.9K
    2.png 263K
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com