Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to change the dimension to be place in horizontal way respectively ?

Alex_Huang006Alex_Huang006 Member Posts: 12 PRO
In a small space of diameter dimension, I want to change the two arrows to be only one. How can we do ? Meanwhile don't know how to change the  dimension to be placed in horizontal way respectively.

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Dimension settings can be changed by clicking the wrench button on the right side of the screen. 
  • mlaflecheCADmlaflecheCAD Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 179
    @Alex_Huang006 also note that the ISO standard drawing template you are using enforces this behavior for keeping the diameter dimension text parallel to the arrows.  The ANSI standard provides the horizontal dimensions.  For busy drawings consider also using the hole table function if there are many holes to place.
    Regards,
    Mike LaFleche   @mlaflecheCAD
  • Alex_Huang006Alex_Huang006 Member Posts: 12 PRO
    I know what the standard is like. Again, the dimension properties is to change all dimensions. I only want to change the one I specify. 
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Currently not possible.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI