Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Pattern of ~4k circles (pegboard model)

bill_24bill_24 Member Posts: 1
I'm trying to model a sheet of pegboard and getting an error with the extrude to cut the grid of holes.  Onshape is giving me the error code b0cb0864783e4a63920ceb4c.

Answers

• andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Bill

This is something the trouble shooters at Onshape need to check out: 

What you need to do is click on the question mark icon at top right in the CAD modelling window, and choose "Feedback".

You can mark up the resulting screenshot which gets submitted to support, and make sure you also click on "Share" and switch on "Share with Onshape Support"

This process is one of the great strengths of the way Onshape is set up, because it alerts the people creating the code to the "behaviour in the wild" so quickly and accurately, and with so little effort by the user.

Obviously that's particularly beneficial during this public beta phase, but this channel will continue (I think) to be a major asset when the product has launched.

To unpick just one thread here: If I was writing code, I would find it ideal to learn (in detail) what real-world situations caused it problems, soon enough that I still had much of the relevant information in "working RAM".

And a few iterations of that would definitely help me acquire the habits of mind to converge more quickly on better code in future...
  • john_f_carrjohn_f_carr Onshape Employees Posts: 74
    bill_24 said:
    I'm trying to model a sheet of pegboard and getting an error with the extrude to cut the grid of holes.  Onshape is giving me the error code b0cb0864783e4a63920ceb4c.

Without having seen your model, I can guess the most likely cause is an internal timeout.  If a modeling operation does not complete within 10 minutes, the server gives up and marks it failed.  A large pattern can easily take 10 minutes.

When the server shows you a "support code" (as we call it) it also notes the error in its own logs.  If you share with support as previously mentioned we can match up your part studio with the event in the system logs and take a look at the exact cause of failure.
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    We have received a ticket. and looking into it.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
This discussion has been closed.