Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Document sharing

marva_burkemarva_burke Member Posts: 3 EDU
I shared a document with all members of my team.  Why is it that some members can not edit and some cannot even see the document?

Best Answer

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Did you do a single share with a "team" or individuals?

Are you sure those who cannot see it are members of the team?

Have they logged in, or are they in view only mode (look for a sign in button on the top right)
  • mcheli_academicmcheli_academic Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 10 EDU
    Hi @marva_burke, is everyone on your team on the EDU plan?  This could be related to team members being on a free plan which does not have the ability to create private documents.
  • marva_burkemarva_burke Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Everyone that I shared with are members of my team.  Furthermore, as far as I know, we all have the same plan.  I asked for the accounts and included my team members.  We were all given permissions to use Onshape at the same time.
    I found that when team members share a document with me, I cannot edit even though they have included such permissions in the share.
    Please help and thank you in advance.
  • marva_burkemarva_burke Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Hi  John M.  I appreciate your help.  What you showed is exactly what we did.  We kept deleting and sharing over and over and eventually it looks like it will work.
  • martin_lipmartin_lip Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! Any new ideas here??