Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

View only Tutorial or Help menu for OS non-users (without account)

EricGauthierEricGauthier Member Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
What about a tutorial explaining how to use the view only mode using a link for OS non-users? This tutorial could be directly available in the view only window. When I send a link to clients, they often don't know how to manipulate a 3D CAD. I think this tutorial could help me in convincing them to use my links instead of requiring me to send them CAD files.
Tagged:

Comments

• KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    edited May 2018
    @EricGauthier
    This is a great idea, and something we have thought about. We have captured it as an improvement request, and tagged you on it. As a professional user please submit any improvement requests using the feedback tool in the help menu of Onshape.
  • brendan_romano_romanobrendan_romano_romano Member Posts: 9 PRO
    I support this idea! I know there is a "what's new" video demonstrate how to use view only tool bar; but I have hard time locate this video every time I wish to encourage a non-CAD customer to use OnShape as a communication tool. 
    (If I am a dictator, I will make watching this video mandatory, lol~)
    @brendan_romano_romano
    When sharing with view only you can display a view-only toolbar that makes it easier for non-CAD users to rotate, pan, zoom, and access other view only options. The toolbar is pretty self-explanatory. This can be set in the company settings under Preferences. If you would like some kind of video content of how to use the view only toolbar, I can add that to our training to-do list.
    @EricGauthier I don't know if you are still looking for something on this- but I finally was able to write a tech briefing on this subject, and this article can be sent to people who do NOT have Onshape accounts- they do not need to sign into the Learning Center to view it.

(Admittedly with the last Onshape release I need to add Appearances, Hole tables, and Custom Tables to it!)

Navigating Onshape for New Users