Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is it possible to update a drawing to an updated format/template without recreating the drawing?

mike_sandstrommike_sandstrom Member Posts: 8 PRO
I have updated my standard company formats/template. I would like to update my drawings to use this new format/template. I can't seem to find a way to do it without having to recreate the drawing and selecting the template when I create drawing.
thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 518
    @mike_sandstrom Yes, this is possible.  

We added the ability to swap a sheet format here:

Improvements to Onshape - March 22nd, 2019 — Onshape

We also added the ability to just update the drawing properties by picking a template here:
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/11865/improvements-to-onshape-june-18th-2019/p1

• mike_sandstrommike_sandstrom Member Posts: 8 PRO
    That was helpful to show me how to get to the template locations and how it should work, but unfortunately when I select the document, it says there are no files available and it gives me an option to create a version.  I know the templates are in that document.

• romeograhamromeograham Member Posts: 656 PRO
    You'll need to create a version in the Drawing Templates document to be able to use the template (just like inserting parts from other documents). Go ahead and click "Create a version...." or open the document and create a version there before you come back to update your DWT in this document.
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 518
    You should not need to create a version for template needs.  @mike_sandstrom Can you submit a ticket on your issue and we will work through it there?  Share the document with Onshape support if you can.