Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Remember tool settings

luca_di_rosaluca_di_rosa Member Posts: 5
Hi, is there a way to remember my tool setting?
I am doing repetitive chamfers of the same kind on different solids and I need to re-set my values each time..

If I hold hit the keyboard shift + enter the current dialog will close and a new one will open but I have to enter again all tool settings.
Would be nice also starting from some feature of a solid and copy this to other solids.

Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    The only way I know of would be to copy the chamfer feature and tweak it to remember. I whipped it up since it's just a few lines to add.

I think this raises an interesting UI point though. Onshape devs, does it make sense to make ALL features remember previous values IF they are initiated by a shift+enter. I vote yes.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    I agree, the default settings never line up to your wants anyway. At least that way you may be much closer to what you need while you're still in the area..

I love how SW remembers my last hole wizard settings. I usually open another part, edit the feature and close it, just to capture all of the parameters verbatim.  Onshape could use more of this