Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How can you fasten parts as mates in Onshape without having specific features to reference?

zuberi_moorezuberi_moore Member Posts: 2
I have an assembly that I am putting together and it is basically a group of aluminum tubes that will be welded (actually welded, not CAD welded) into a frame structure. My issue is that the precise placement for one of the parts should be at 72 inches along another 120 inch piece. Do I need to import these parts together and already precisely placed relative to one another, or is there a way to do this in Onshape?

Please let me know if I can add more information to assist in answering the question. 

Best Answer

Answers