Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I change my background back to white?

I went to my profile and chose light but the button won't let me update. I see in the discussion something about JAVA but, I have no idea what that means.

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,374
    edited October 2020

The dark/Light setting is only for when viewing imported DWG files. This happened to somebody else recently and they had hardware acceleration in the browser turned off.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Paul_J_PremakumarPaul_J_Premakumar Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 197

@constance_madden , I am assuming you mean the modeling area background. If, so can you open https://cad.onshape.com/check and share a screenshot of the results?

You may want to make sure the browser is using your graphics card, we have seen instances where this is not the case and you could see bugs such as these.

• Options
    Matt_LoMatt_Lo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 15

We have been seeing a graphics driver or browser update causing this recently. Could you reboot your machine, then make sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date and then try opening Onshape?