Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Parts vs Surfaces - got a surface when I wanted a part

Best Answer

Answers

• KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    @Kevin_Halverson yes make sure you have a closed profile in the sketch as Neil said- that will be indicated by a shaded region. Then when you define the revolve feature make sure you choose Solid in the dialog and select the region not the sketch lines.
  • Kevin_HalversonKevin_Halverson Member Posts: 3 PRO
    I did have a fully closed solid, the error was how I selected it when I did the revolve.  This wasn't clear in the lesson I was doing, so this how I ended up posting my question.  Coming from a SOLIDWORKS background to Onshape will require me to 'unlearn' things that I have been doing for over a decade, so I have to replace my presumption of behavior with new knowledge.  Thank you both for your feedback which lead me to being able to correct my error.