Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How can I change the unit from the part Studio?

namju_KImnamju_KIm Member Posts: 2
I want to use mm units in the part studio    
But always starts with Inch units.

Best Answer

Answers

• andy_morrisandy_morris Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 87
    If you want to change the units in your current document, you can do this from the 'Document menu' which is next to the Onshape logo at the top. This changes the units only in the current document workspace.
    Andy Morris / Head of Product Design / Onshape, Inc.
  • christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    @andy_morris: I noticed this changes the shown units in all the tabs. For example, I created a new Parts Studio tab and wanted the units in that to be 'Foot'. I hesitated a bit, wondering what this would do to all the other Parts Studio tabs! (Would all the other parts suddenly be HUGE?!). So I picked 'Foot' in the current tab, sketched a rectangle and the unit was "ft". So i went back to an existing Parts Studio tab to see how it was affected. Selecting a sketch to "modify", a dimension was shown as 0.328 and when I clicked on it to modify the value is came up as 100mm. Whew! So it seems you can change the units "temporarily" so you can just enter values (and not have to put 'ft' after every one) and not mess up other parts in the document. Never hurts to check!
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    It is also possible to use mixed dimensions, just write unit after dimension. Display is according to document properties, but editing shows actual value/unit.

//rami
  • shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    It is also possible with incremental mix dimensions as below.