Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

what am I doing wrong with getProperty()?

Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
I'm attempting my first custom table to show the lengths of all Freeform Splines in a part studio. I've been able to make it show the lengths and highlight the right curves, but for some reason I'm not able to get the names of the curves to show up. I'm out of time and ideas for today so I thought I'd ask here on my way out. I have a feeling it's something small that's off. Any insight?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/cd51f29c6937305f86a9df95/w/86ce0e7568faacfe3963e35b/e/27d79de4b4e2ddcdba150ebe
Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl

Best Answer

• Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,175
    Answer ✓
    From a 10 second glance: bodies have names, not edges and I think you're getting edges with your query.  qOwnerBody should do it.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc

Answers

• Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,175
    Answer ✓
    From a 10 second glance: bodies have names, not edges and I think you're getting edges with your query.  qOwnerBody should do it.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • Options
    That was exactly it. I still don't understand how/why I got a reply from you in just a few minutes in the middle of a Saturday, but I'm very grateful.
  • Options
    George_AndersonGeorge_Anderson Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    @Evan_Reese Thanks for asking this. This quick note from Ilya solved a long-standing problem I had. I thought there was no way to name splines! I can also delete a feature request I made for that.
  • Options
    @George_Anderson glad to hear it!