Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Hide All Non Solids?? Or similar to "Section View" a "Solids Only View"?

christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
edited July 2015 in Community Support
Hello! I run across this a lot! When I want to do a "screen grab", I have to do a lot of selecting to hide planes, sketches, surfaces, etc. I was thinking of creating a "Level" that all those were on and being able to "Blank" that "Level". Easiest way I have found (so far) is to Select a Plane and pick "Hide Other Planes" then pick that Plane again and select Hide. then repeat that for the other "non-solids" Maybe, similar to "Section View" there could be a "Solids Only View" that you could turn on and off??! One pick, screen grab, one pick back to "All Displayed".

Best Answers

Answers

• christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Actually that would come in handy when doing something that I only need the solid bodies to do. Clean up the screen clutter!
    For current example! I want to modify the diameter of the blue "hub". When I try to double-click on it, various "non-solids" get selected! Yes, do a right-click, select other, and get a long list to scroll through or scroll through the Feature List and find the sketch that created the part. "View Solids Only"!

Ok... as I learn "new things". Move the mouse over the sketch line in the "hub" sketch and when it highlights double-click on it!! Now the dimensions for that come up! As long as it isn't hidden... still would like "View Solids Only"!  
  • Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    Instead of hiding planes,sketches and surfaces separately.. You can select one plane,one sketch and one surface then if you right click there is a option to hide other plane,sketch and surface...after doing this again right clicking we are not having the option to hide selected entities.. We hope that option will be there in next version..
    Thanks @Narayan_K ! I did do a "drag window" and selected multiple sketches at once, and then "right-clicked" to hide those.
    @rbaek Thanks! I need to brush up on the Keyboard Shortcuts! Old habits...