Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Export geometry only in a dxf format from drawings

bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Product Feedback
I create most of my dxf files from 1:1 scaled drawings in Onshape (old habit hard to break). Issue I am having is when I .dxf a flat pattern. Even though I hide the bend notes and only the geometry appears on the screen when exporting the .dxf file the bend note is still attached in which the note needs to be removed in CAM and or opened in another CAD software, removed, and save again as a .dxf. Would like the ability to have another option in the download menu to dxf geometry only.

Current result:

Proposed solution:

Bryan Lagrange
Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @bryan_lagrange These are automatically placed on a layer for control when done from the flat patter area.  From a drawing,  if I right click on the bend notes in Onshape drawings and hide them, the DXF does not have the bend notes. Have you tried this?
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I am getting>

Here is the flat pattern with notes and bend line

I hide the bend notes and bend lines before exporting then export to .dxf format

This is what I get in the CAM software when opening the .dxf

Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign