Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there a quick way to undo every thing and restore to start of the session?

RKRK OS Professional Posts: 16 PRO
Can I quickly undo everything and restore to the beginning of the day or session or a given time?  I may have missed a feature which is already present.  Right now I am going through the "Show changes" list, then wait for the tool tip to show up to know the date and time.  I realize that creating a version before starting would help.  But in most cases, I do not have a version created and then there is the need to restore.

Best Answer

Answers

• RKRK OS Professional Posts: 16 PRO
    @mahir, Thank you for your input, I was not sure if this option was available somewhere.  Sure, will put in an enhancement.
  • viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @RK, Onshape automatically records the state of each tab (Part Studio, Assemblies, etc) at each persisted change made to all tabs for every workspace by every user. This history of modifications is listed in the flyout. At any time you can click Restore to restore the branch/workspace to a particular point in its change history, click Return to <branch-name> to return to the currently active branch at its current point in history, and click a history point to visualize the design at this point. In your history, select the "Show Changes" under Main then select the step before up-to your starting session and hit the "Restore" button up top. 
    Please refer below video for more detail,

• robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    I want to restore to a point before a session also. https://cad.onshape.com/documents/77bbcfc968fa5b0eff4f5aef/w/cce92091a7cd81ff540a6d10/m/f2336c9689728c6952ef85d7/e/52f636d7dec58e129de35345 The posted video shows how to accomplish that by the use of options provided by the gear icon. I attempted to do the same but the gear does not show on any of the history of changes listed. I guess I'm missing some thing. Help please. - Scotty
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    I'd love a feature like this. Even just adding a visible time column for every microversion would go a long way for me. It would be nice to automatically load the next set of microversions as you scroll instead of having to click the "show more changes" button. Those two changes would make it pretty simple to scroll to the beginning of the session, but still give you a chance to review that microversion to make sure it's what you want before restoring it.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    @robert_scott_jr_ - that's a very old video - you now right-click to see the menu

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    Thanks for responding. I did see the notation at the bottom of the history window. I did right click as instructed but the only option was to create a new version. - Scotty
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Don't select the entry first - that will take you into viewing the microversion - go back to main, then right-click the entry you want to restore
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    Ah, that's it. Thank You.