Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Creating belt between two pulleys

gluebabygluebaby Member Posts: 3
Howdy, I'm sort of new to CAD, but I'm creating a rock tumbler for my sister. I have a pretty basic setup, and so far everything looks alright, and now I'm trying to create a belt between two pulleys. 

I've attached an image there. The pulleys look very gear-like because originally I was going to use gears, but I decided to go with a 3D printed timing belt instead. I've tried using curve patterns, manually sketching, etc, but can't figure out a way to generate a belt with teeth that match up with the two pulleys. The document is here: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/1c3f0bc7f43db3702e5291e2/w/16bfc5996eedb58af46b1170/e/4cca6effcc7d9333c9678bd0

If anyone knows how to do this, some tips would be great. Thanks!

Answers