Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Drawings doesn't show sketches made in custom features

I'm wondering what sketch property is being used by the drawing to query the sketches and exclude the sketches created by custom features. I created a custom feature to produce a sketch for use in Drawing and am unable to find a way to get it into the Drawing. I'm guessing there is a sketch property that is set to a different value for sketches created by custom features. What is that sketch property and can I change it so my sketch is visible to the Drawing?

Best Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately no. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Your feature could use opExtractWires to at least make curves (like the Composite Curve feature), and if there are more than one curve, you could use opCreateCompositePart to make them a single composite part you can add to the drawing. Obviously this would be a bit of a workaround.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl

Answers

Drawings will only recognise actual sketches created using the sketch feature. This is because a custom feature can create geometry other than sketches and drawings would not know what to do with it. 
  • monroe_weber_shirkmonroe_weber_shirk Member Posts: 94 EDU
    Is there a way to change a property on the sketch in featurescript so that the drawing can use it?
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately no. 
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Your feature could use opExtractWires to at least make curves (like the Composite Curve feature), and if there are more than one curve, you could use opCreateCompositePart to make them a single composite part you can add to the drawing. Obviously this would be a bit of a workaround.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl