Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Tips on Avoiding Slow Regeneration Times During Sketches?!

Luke_ZeleznickLuke_Zeleznick Member Posts: 2 PRO
I have found that when sketching parts with multiple linear pattern sketch features the regeneration times will slow drastically. I do not believe that it could be the amount of "items" being produced in the patterns, as it has only been around 25 - 26. Often times it is just circles or simple rectangles that I am repeating. What are some tips that will help avoid this?

Answers

• Alex_KempenAlex_Kempen Member Posts: 244 EDU
    Linear pattern and circular patten features tend to be more performant and robust than their sketch counterparts. Large amounts of sketch entities can be especially bad for performance since Onshape has to simultaneously solve all of the constraints, dimensions, and entities at once, whereas feature patterns generally execute in a linear fashion since there is no simultaneous solving that needs to occur.
    CS Student at UT Dallas
    Alex.Kempen@utdallas.edu
    Check out my FeatureScripts here: