Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Drawing Size Restriction Problem

miles_blieymiles_bliey Member Posts: 2 EDU
Hi,

Today I ran into some trouble with the Onshape drawing software. I couldn't make the size anything less than 4x4 inches. I selected the custom template but it would not adopt any dimensions below 4 inches. Why is this? Is there a work around?

Help would be appreciated,
Thanks.

Comments

• ethan_andersethan_anders Member Posts: 2
    That's crazy I ran into the same problem
  • michael_pollinsmichael_pollins Member Posts: 2
    I had the same problem as you Miles.
  • meera_ratnagirimeera_ratnagiri Member Posts: 2
    Yeah I think the sheet properties custom size only let's me go down to 4 inches too. I hope someone can find some way do get it smaller that would be great.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    I wasn’t aware of any kind of limitation but I am intrigued as to why you would want an engineering drawing less than 4in?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,698 PRO
    edited September 2021
    Cough, some of us, @NeilCooke, prefer to work with tiny drawings. =P

FYI: I printed those just for this post... I don't actually use tiny drawings...

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • miles_blieymiles_bliey Member Posts: 2 EDU
    edited September 2021
    Actually, I have small wooden squares on which I would like to laser some parts for a project. They are smaller than 4x4 and I just want to be able to have a representative drawing space in Onshape that matches the wood square or at least know why it only goes down to 4 inches.