Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Someone modified a document that was not shared with him

Hello!
Today I noticed someone modified my document I am sharing with a colleague. That happened about a month ago but we ignored it because name sounds like a placeholder.
It says: "Modified by Lou Gallo". Who is this? Did some kind of error occur? We have educational license and it bugs us that someone is fiddling with material for our diploma thesis.
Trying to find if anyone asked I stumbled upon someone named "Lou Gallo". Is that the same guy? What are you doing, Lou?
Thank you!

Best Answers

• konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It may be just wrong displayed name, I was noticing names of different people (presumably from OS) where displayed as document modifiers after update.

• BogotoboganBogotobogan Member Posts: 5 EDU
    Answer ✓
    lougallo said:
    @Bogotobogan I do indeed work in the support group here at Onshape.  If you or anyone you have that document shared with was working with our team and shared the document with support could have been opened and modified by us to address a support inquiry.  We do not have access to data by default and do require a share from you to see or access your data.  I believe I am responding to a ticket from you as well on this matter.

My colleague still claims that she did not ask for support. I personally don't mind you accessing these documents for onshape development purposes. Document is nothing revolutionary or worthy of espionage. We are kind of anxious when it comes to our important documents.

Anyway, I see this a minor inconvenience. I thank you all for answers. Thought this is some kind of error or malfunction.
    Yes I filed a ticket btw.

It may be just wrong displayed name, I was noticing names of different people (presumably from OS) where displayed as document modifiers after update.

Yes this is similar. Although it is not random people, but "Lou Gallo". I would understand if colleague or I contacted support, but that's not the case. So I got worried a little and asked here.

Answers

• Steve_SpanjersSteve_Spanjers Member Posts: 9 PRO
    Lou Gallo is one of the Onshape support people.  I assume you have the document set to be shared with support?  Did you perhaps ask a question to the support/help staff?
  • mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lougallo so nefarious  :D
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Bogotobogan I do indeed work in the support group here at Onshape.  If you or anyone you have that document shared with was working with our team and shared the document with support could have been opened and modified by us to address a support inquiry.  We do not have access to data by default and do require a share from you to see or access your data.  I believe I am responding to a ticket from you as well on this matter.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
    Lou Gallo is one of the Onshape support people.  I assume you have the document set to be shared with support?  Did you perhaps ask a question to the support/help staff?
    No. We did not contact support. 
  • konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Answer ✓
    lougallo said:

My colleague still claims that she did not ask for support. I personally don't mind you accessing these documents for onshape development purposes. Document is nothing revolutionary or worthy of espionage. We are kind of anxious when it comes to our important documents.

Anyway, I see this a minor inconvenience. I thank you all for answers. Thought this is some kind of error or malfunction.
    Yes I filed a ticket btw.

Yes this is similar. Although it is not random people, but "Lou Gallo". I would understand if colleague or I contacted support, but that's not the case. So I got worried a little and asked here.