Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Rotation of a part around the center of mass.

sergei_nesterovsergei_nesterov Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
Good day!
There was a need to rotate the part around the center of mass in PartStudio. The 'Transform-Rotate' function requires a specific axis around which I want to rotate. This is logical if I need to rotate around some object, but what if I do this around the center of mass of the part? I do not have suitable axes for this action, I do not want to create additional sketches for this.
This is where the question comes from. In Onshape there is no tool to rotate around the center of mass of the part or use the construction space axes? For example, the 'Translate by XYZ' function can move an object along the axes without specifying a specific line. This means that the object has its own axes

Answers