Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I select all vertices or points in a sketch?

cameron_miller456cameron_miller456 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2018 in Community Support
I've imported .dwg linework into a sketch that has a number of lines I would like to apply the fix constraint to. However, I can't seem to select them by any method but clicking each one individually. Selecting with a bounding box and applying the fix constraint only affects the lines, not their vertices which still can be manipulated. If I "Select Other", there is no method to choose all, or multiple, "Other" selections.

Answers

• EricGauthierEricGauthier Member Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    @cameron_miller456
    Please share your document here with a link.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    I would suggest keeping the original imported linework in its own sketch, then create another sketch and “use” the entities you want to be fixed. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • ISPTUSAISPTUSA Member Posts: 10 PRO
    I tried the suggestion, keeping original linework in it's own sketch and use. Then I deleted the original line work and it broke all the constraints, I copied all and set to fix, the points are still not fixed - so this work around doesn't seem to do what I'm after. If I don't delete the original linework, and "use" the entities, someone can still go back into the original and drag points around.

It's possible to manually select each point and fix it. That's what I'm going to do and hope that you might soon add points to your selection filter.
  • eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,461 PRO
    Hopefully a user opening a sketch where everything is "blue" would realize they shouldn't edit it but I guess it can be a bit unsettling (especially coming from other CAD systems) to leave everything unconstrained.

You could create the sketch from the DWG in a separate part studio/document and then "derive in" the sketch to create an additional layer of protection, this way you can't accidentally move anything from the underlying sketch if it really is a big concern. 

• ISPTUSAISPTUSA Member Posts: 10 PRO
    edited February 2022
    I exported the face as dwg from onshape (imported model) then imported it in hoping that would work, no change. I just learned something. All of the points are blue because they are not coincident with each other. So now I'm one by one dragging one point away then setting it coincident to the point I drug it away from.